All professionals entering a GHR Training and Certification Program must abide by the Terms and Conditions of the program including but not limited to:
- Credit Card Policy
- Certification & Designation Relinquishment
- Auto-Renewal Policy for Certification & Designation
- Other Terms and Conditions Of Certification & Designation
For purposes of this agreement and terms and conditions of certified, “GHR” hereinafter shall mean, Global Healthcare Resources, and Employer Healthcare and Benefits Congress, and GHR Inc as administrator of certification for Health Care Reform Center and Policy Institute, Corporate Health & Wellness Association, Self-Funding Employer Association, Voluntary Benefits Association, and Medical Tourism Association.
BILLING AND PAYMENTS
Credit Card Policy
A valid debit or credit card must be used by each professional for the purchase of online training, examination, and certification unless other payment terms have been arranged. In all cases, the credit card must remain on file for the duration of certification in order to retain access to the continuing education courses and to remain compliant with the terms of the designation. Credit cards will only be charged in accordance with the terms of the certification designation described below. Failure to maintain a current credit card on file will prohibit access to educational materials on the e-learning platform.
Upon entry of credit card information, credit cards will be validated by the system, prompting the professional of any error or a problem with the card in use, allowing the reentry of another valid card.
Charges to the credit cards on file will be made on the certification anniversary date, or at any chosen date if a payment plan has been arranged. We accept the following credit cards currently: American Express, VISA, MasterCard and Discover Card.
This Certification program is under auto-renewal policy, GHR is not obligated to send you any renewal or advance billing notices or other notices indicating that your debit or credit card will be or has been charged. A courtesy e-mail will be sent as receipt of payment.
This Certification and Designation is personal to each professional and portable irrespective of employment. Any professional utilizing a corporate credit card as a primary form of payment is asked to provide a personal credit card as a secondary form of payment to be charged in the event the employer fails to make timely payment and/or if the professional leaves the employment of employer. This will assist in keeping all professionals current and avoid disruption of service.
It is the professional’s responsibility to maintained valid cards on file and to replace former employer’s corporate cards or any card that is no longer authorized and/or expired.
Professionals may replace the credit card on file at any time. If a card is removed but not replaced, there will be no access to the educational resources until a new valid credit card is added and validated by the system. Removing a debit or credit card from the system does not release you from the liability for any outstanding or upcoming fees.
If the required payment method fails or the account is past due, GHR may collect amounts owed by obtaining other payment methods provided by the professional, or by retaining collection agencies and legal counsel. GHR may also report information about your account to credit bureaus, and as a result, late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report. If you wish to dispute the information GHR reported to a credit bureau (i.e., Experian, Equifax or TransUnion) please contact us at Global Healthcare Resources 4371 Northlake Boulevard, Suite 304, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, 33410. If you wish to dispute the information a collection agency reported to a credit bureau regarding your Certification account, you must contact the collection agency directly.
Certification & Designation Relinquishment
If the professional decides to relinquish the Certification Designation and terminate access to the educational materials on the e-learning platform for any reason, Request for Relinquishment must be provided to GHR in writing via e-mail at [email protected] at least sixty (60) days prior to the next renewal date. Professionals will be responsible for any and all fees incurred prior to and during the sixty (60) day period. Failure to take the examination for certification, be compliant with CEU’s or accessing the program does not eliminate the responsibility to be compliant, make timely payments or any other requirements of the program. Failing to comply with this regulation will not stop the auto-renewal fees. Furthermore, if GHR grants the Relinquishment of the Certification based upon an account being current, and the charges are later disputed and fees returned to the professional, the Relinquishment of Certification will be revoked, and all outstanding renewal fees will be reinstated, and the account will be placed in a collection process. GHR may also report information about your account to credit bureaus, and as a result, late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report. If you wish to dispute the information GHR reported to a credit bureau (i.e., Experian, Equifax or TransUnion) please contact us at Global Healthcare Resources 4371 Northlake Boulevard, Suite 304, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, 33410. If you wish to dispute the information a collection agency reported to a credit bureau regarding your certification account, you must contact the collection agency directly.
These accounts will be marked as non-compliant in our public professional directory online until all outstanding charges have been paid.
Auto-Renewal Policy for Certification Designation
This Certification Program and Professional Designation is personal to each professional and requires annual renewal fees. This requires not only the auto-payment with on file debit or credit card but the completion of the continuing education courses. Not completing the CEU’s or accessing the program will not cancel the certification, but will render the professional non-compliant.
Removing a debit or credit card from the system does not release you from the liability for any outstanding or upcoming fees.
By signing up for GHR Certification Program and Professional Designation, you understand and agree that your Certification will automatically renew annually as well as your requirement to complete continuing education requirements. You hereby authorize Global Healthcare Resources, Inc. and/or GHR, Inc. to charge your debit or credit card on file each year at the annual renewal fee. It is the professional’s responsibility to maintained valid cards on file. Charges to the cards on file will be made on the certification anniversary date, or at any chosen date if a payment plan has been arranged.
If the designation is no longer needed it must be canceled by notifying in writing via e-mail at [email protected] at least 60 days prior to the next renewal date and been current in payment. Not completing the CEU’s or not accessing the program will not cancel the certification. Failing to comply with this regulation will not stop the auto-renewal fees. Furthermore, if GHR grants the relinquishment of the Certification base on having account current in payment and receiving a written notification at least 60 days prior to the next renewal, but later proven that any charges made for the certification renewal payments were disputed with the Card Bank, and granted full refund by that entity, such relinquishment will be revoke, all outstanding renewal fees will be reinstated, and the account will be placed in a collection process. GHR may also report information about your account to credit bureaus, and as a result, late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report. If you wish to dispute the information GHR reported to a credit bureau (i.e., Experian, Equifax or TransUnion) please contact us at Global Healthcare Resources 4371 Northlake Boulevard, Suite 304, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, 33410. If you wish to dispute the information a collection agency reported to a credit bureau regarding your certification account, you must contact the collection agency directly.
GHR reserves the right to immediately and without notice, either suspend or terminate your Certification for unauthorized use of the program marks or misrepresentation of our certification program in accordance with the terms and conditions of this certification program.
These accounts will be marked as non-compliant in our public professional directory. You will also be required to pay any amounts still owed to GHR at the time your account is suspended or terminated, except where prescribed by law.
OTHER TERMS & CONDITIONS OF CERTIFICATION & DESIGNATION
Promotional coupons are designated for groups or individuals to access our Certification program through a partial or a full discount. This certification is a personal designation program with an auto-renewal and auto-billing policy. A valid debit or credit card must remain on file for the duration of the program to retain access to the continuing education course and pay for any renewal fees.
Although the complimentary coupon might be partially-discounted, in full or pre-paid by a company for a group of employees, this will apply for the initial enrolment ONLY. These individuals or company employees will not be exonerated from any renewal fees. Unless otherwise specified by that company during the negation of the contract. (see employer contract for more information)
I covenant and agree that:
1. Authorization to use Mark and Certification. Upon acceptance of my Certification application by the date I registered and subject to these terms and conditions of certification (Terms), GHR grants me a limited, personal, non-transferable, non-sub licensable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, revocable license to use the Certification Marks (as defined below) solely in connection with the promotion and conduct of the offering of services I perform in relation to my certification in the United States. No other rights are granted except for those explicitly granted herein.
3. Restrictions on Use of Certification and Mark. Without limiting the other terms and restrictions set forth in these Terms, unless otherwise approved by GHR Board in writing, I will not, directly or indirectly: (i) use the Certification Marks in conjunction with the promotion and/or provision of any services, or in any other way, outside the United States unless I have met cross-border requirements, (ii) use the Certification Marks in conjunction with the sale of any tangible goods, (iii) state or imply that GHR has made a determination on the merits or quality of any education, testing or review program with which I may be associated, (iv) certify individuals to use the Certification Marks, (v) use the Certification Marks in a manner that implies another individual or company is qualified to use the Certification Marks, or (vi) use the Certification Marks in violation of GHR’s policies and procedures, which are incorporated herein by reference.
4. Quality Control. The nature and quality of all advertising, promotional or other uses of the Certification Marks, and services associated therewith will conform to the quality and standards specified by GHR (as modified from time to time) and will be in full compliance with GHR’s Standards of Professional Conduct and all applicable laws and regulations. GHR has the exclusive right to monitor the manner in which I use the Certification Marks and the quality of services associated therewith. Such monitoring may, at the election of GHR, be done in accordance with the procedures outlined in GHR’s Standards of Professional Conduct, including but not limited to, examination, investigation, inspection and formal hearings. GHR retains, at all times, the right to withdraw its approval of my use of the Certification Marks if the quality, accuracy or other characteristics of any of the services associated therewith ceases to be acceptable in accordance with certain standards defined by GHR. Notwithstanding, GHR has no right to control incidents of actual services provided or participate in the rendition thereof.
5. Protection of the Certification Marks. GHR shall have the sole right to file applications to register and to obtain registration for, the Certification Marks. I further agree to cooperate fully with GHR in filing such applications and obtaining such registrations, including providing GHR with specimens of use of the Certification Marks and executing any documents requested by GHR, or in protecting, enforcing and defending the Certification Marks. I will notify GHR in writing of any infringements, imitations, claims or other problems with respect to the Certification Marks which may arise or otherwise come to my attention. GHR shall have the sole right, but not the obligation, to take any action because of any such infringement, imitation, claim or problem. I will not institute any suit or take any other action because of such infringements, imitations, claims or problems without the prior express written consent of GHR.
6. Ownership; Goodwill. The right to use the marks of GHR is limited to those rights to use the Certification Marks and does not extend to any other marks of GHR. Any goodwill attaching to the trademarks of GHR as a result of my use of the Certification Marks will inure to the benefit of GHR. I will conduct my business in a way that does not adversely affect GHR’s reputation or goodwill. I will only display or use the Certification Marks as permitted in these Terms and the
Guidelines on how to Use of the GHR Designated Certification Marks (as updated from time to time). The right to use the Certification Marks does not grant the right, title or interest in or to any trademark, service mark, logo or trade name of GHR. I further agree not to: (i) challenge GHR as the sole, absolute or exclusive owner of all right, title and interest in and to the Certification Marks and the goodwill associated therewith, (ii) challenge the validity, control or use of any mark owned by GHR, (iii) register, use, adopt or promote any mark that is confusingly similar to any mark owned by GHR, (iv) take or encourage any action which would impair the rights of GHR in and to the Certification Marks or any goodwill associated therewith, or (v) infringe the Certification Marks or any other marks owned by GHR.
7. Disclaimer of Warranty. THE USE OF THE CERTIFICATION MARKS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. GHR DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED
WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OF TRADE, EMPLOYABILITY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT THESE DISCLAIMERS ARE HELD TO BE LEGALLY INVALID. GHR HAS NO DUTY OR OBLIGATION TO REGISTER, RENEW OR OTHERWISE MAINTAIN ANY REGISTRATION FOR THE CERTIFICATION MARKS.
8. Compliance with Rules and Policies. I have read, understand and will comply with all rules and policies contained in GHR’s Standards of Professional Conduct, which is incorporated herein by reference, as it presently exists and as it may be amended from time to time.
9. Retention of Jurisdiction. Notwithstanding any termination or relinquishment of my right to use the Certification Marks, I shall continue to be subject to the filing of a complaint under GHR’s Standards of Professional Conduct based upon acts or omissions commenced prior to the effective date of termination or relinquishment, provided that any such complaint shall be filed within five (5) years after the effective date of termination or relinquishment.
10. Revocation of Right to Use. GHR has the absolute and unrestricted right to revoke, at its sole discretion, any rights I have to use the Certification Marks, if GHR, in its sole discretion, finds that I have failed to comply with GHR’s Standards of Professional Conduct or these Terms. In addition, if GHR, in its sole discretion, determines that I have misused the Certification Marks, I further understand and agree that such action may cause irreparable harm and I will immediately stop using the Certification Marks or change the manner in which I use them, whichever GHR requests.
11. Indemnification. Neither GHR nor its directors, officers, employees and others acting on its behalf shall be liable to me for any actions taken or omitted in an official capacity or in the scope of employment, except to the extent that such actions or omissions constitute willful misconduct or gross negligence, and I hereby release GHR, all their respective employees, officers and directors and the persons identified above from any liability for any such actions or omissions. I further covenant and agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless GHR and its directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, demands, judgments, awards and expenses related thereto (including court costs and reasonable fees of attorneys and other professionals) brought or threatened by any third parties, including my clients, arising out of: (i) any breach by me of my Application or these Terms, (ii) any failure by me or my authorized agents to comply with applicable laws, (iii) the services provided by me, (iv) any unauthorized representation, warranty, agreement or the like, express or implied, made by me or my authorized agents to or with any third party with respect to any acts or omissions (including statements, representations or warranties not authorized by GHR), or (v) acts or omissions taken by me in connection with the use of the Certification Marks. Notwithstanding the above, GHR expressly reserves the right to retain separate counsel to participate in the defense or settlement of any such claims.
13. Limitation of Liability. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL GHR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR
PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEY’S FEES, LOSS OF BUSINESS, REVENUE, PROFITS OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE ANY OF GHR’S MARKS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE FORMS OF DISCIPLINE, EVEN IF GHR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL GHR’S LIABILITY UNDER THIS DECLARATION AND AGREEMENT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND DEFAMATION) OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE AMOUNT I PAID IN APPLICATION FEES FOR CERTIFICATION. LIABILITIES SHALL BE LIMITED AND EXCLUDED, EVEN IF THE REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
A. Integration. My Certification or Renewal Application, these Terms, and the documents incorporated herein by reference constitute the complete agreement and supersede all prior or contemporaneous oral or written representations and warranties. GHR may modify these Terms upon notification to me. No modification by me to these Terms shall be binding upon GHR unless in writing and signed by GHR.
B. Assignment. I will not assign or transfer any of my rights or obligations under these Terms. Any assignment or delegation by me of these Terms or any of my rights or obligations hereunder shall be null and void. GHR may assign its rights herein, without my prior consent.
C. Relationship. My relationship with GHR is that of a certificate granted the right to use the certification marks of a certifying body and in no way does the relationship constitute an independent contractor, partnership, franchise, joint venture, agency or employment relationship.
D. Interpretation. These Terms, which I understand are binding upon me in consideration of GHR processing my Application, shall be interpreted in such a manner as to aid in effectuating the purposes and business of GHR. No third party private right of action shall be permitted against GHR for acts or omissions taken by GHR in the furtherance of its purposes and business or in connection with these Terms. Failure of GHR to insist on strict performance of the provisions contained herein does not prevent GHR from later enforcing its rights under these Terms.
E. Enforcement; Survival. If I do not stop using the Certification Marks immediately upon revocation, relinquishment or termination, or violate the provisions of these Terms, such actions shall be considered exceptional and I will pay any expenses, including, but not limited to, attorney’s fees, which GHR may incur while enforcing this provision. Upon termination, revocation or relinquishment of the right to use the Certification Marks, my obligations under paragraphs 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12 and all of these Terms will remain in effect.
G. Choice of Law; Forum. These Terms and any action relating thereto shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the state of Florida, Palm Beach County and controlling U.S. federal law. No choice of law rules of any jurisdiction will apply. I will not bring any action arising from or related to these Terms except in a court of appropriate subject matter jurisdiction in the State of Florida, Palm Beach County, and I expressly consent to personal jurisdiction and proper venue by and in such court.
H. Headings; Severability. The headings of sections and paragraphs herein are for convenience of reference only and are without substantive significance. In the event that any provision of these Terms shall for any reason be held invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, such validity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other provision and these Terms shall be interpreted and construed as if such term or provision, to the extent the same shall have been held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, had never been contained herein.